Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an online computer-based test conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), India. It is a national-level admission test for facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programmes approved by AICTE.
The first edition of CMAT was conducted in 2012. In 2014, the first CMAT was conducted between 20 February and 24 February. Around 1.2 Lakh Candidates participated in the test. The Results were declared on 14 March 2014.
AICTE has certified the qualification criteria to appear for CMAT, which must be fulfilled by every one of the applicants interested in taking this test. It must be guaranteed that the applicants must fulfill the qualification conditions of CMAT, before filling the application form. Non-fulfillment of the same may lead to disqualification of the candidate regardless of the stage of admission an applicant will be. The qualification standards are as under:
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen and can apply for the test irrespective of his or her age.
- He/she should have a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute.
- Additionally, last year pursuing students of Graduate courses whose results will be announced before beginning of admissions for the academic year 2017-18 were also qualified to apply.
- No age limitation.
- Graduates with 50% in any discipline
- Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply